Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Real Man

http://www.therebelution.com/blog/2006/01/teen-girls-define-a-real-man/

I can't speak for every Christian girl out there, but I'd have to say that this is THE list of things I'll be looking for when it comes time to start looking for a husband [which won't be for a good while, I can guarantee that ;) ].
Great guys who follow God ARE out there and they CAN be found. Off the top of my head I can think of 14 men [young and old] that are excellent examples of godly leadership and discipleship.
Also realize that I'm not saying that there's such a thing as "the perfect man." Come on. No one can be 100% perfect 100% of the time. But there are men out there who are striving constantly to pursue God's heart- and while they stumble on occasion, we all do, they are the men that will set their standards far above the others and, with God's blessing, live up to them.

At the same time, there are characteristics of women that we can embrace and live up to. Here's the link for that post:
http://www.therebelution.com/blog/2006/02/three-teens-define-a-real-woman

As Christians we are called to live a life that's totally different than what the rest of the world has to offer. These articles are just brief summaries of how we can live that life with humility and grace, and why.
If you can, I also recommend checking out the rest of therebelution.com. It's a great resource and worth paying attention to and discussing.

In Christ,
Morgan

No comments: