Monday, August 11, 2008

Psalm 116

i love the Lord, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
because he turned his ear to me,
i will call on him as long as i live.
the cords of death entangeled me,
the anguish of the grave came upon me;
i was overcome by the trouble and the sorrow.
then i called on the name of the Lord,
"o Lord, save me!"
the Lord is gracious and righteous;
our God is full of compassion.
the Lord protects the simplehearted;
when i was in great need, he saved me.
be at rest once more, o my soul,
for the Lord has been good to you.
for you, o Lord, have delivered my soul from death,
my eyes from tears,
my feet from stumbling,
that i may walk before the Lord
in the land of the living.
i believed; therefore i said,
"i am greatly afflicted."
and in my dismay i said,
"all men are liars."
how can i repay the Lord
for all his goodness to me?
i will lift up the cup of salvation
and call on the name of the Lord.
i will fulfill my vows to the Lord in the presence of all his people.
precious in the sight of the Lord
is the death of his saints.
o Lord, truly i am your servant;
i am your servant, the son of your maidservant;
you have freed me from my chains.
i will sacrifice a thanks offering to you
and call on the name of the Lord.
i will fulfill my vows to the Lord
in the presence of all his people,
in the courts of the house of the Lord--
in your midst, o jerusalem.
praise the Lord.

No comments: